Hilarious story, allow me to set the scene:
There I was, in Target, purchasing some last-minute necessities before leaving for Washington, and cutting it close to the 10 P.M. closing time. No problem. I'm closing in on the register. Then, and keeping in mind that I am totally finished with the students until the end of August, these three high school boys, whom I do not know, come strolling down the aisle, one being pushed by his friends in a Target cart. Morons, I think inwardly. The little kid getting pushed about starts doing some Borat voice and says to me, "Good evening, chubby girl. In my country, we do not have chubby girls." At first, I think, did that kid, who is getting pushed around by his sausage-toting friends in a Twin Falls Target at ten o'clock on a FRIDAY NIGHT really just say that to me? At first I felt a little pissed off, but then, I realized what I just stated in the above sentence and felt almost on the verge of delighted laughter! Hey, I am chubby girl, but at least I'm not a hideous breed of loser. Just to drive home my vindicated feeling, as I was leaving, so were they, and one of the boys looked at his friends and said, "Hey guys, I have to get home by 10:30; Mom grounded me for not cleaning up my room." Well, go get 'em tiger! Good times.
As I said before, I'm off to Washington. My amazing grandpa, without whom I would never have had a dad so passionate about fly-fishing, passed away yesterday. Yes, I'm very sad, but at the same time, I cannot help but be totally proud to have had such a fantastic, active, and hilarious grandpa! Again, I know that the occasion will be sad, but it will also be a chance to catch up on what all of my cousins, aunts, and uncles are up to. How can I be sad about that?
Casting out Fear
-
It hasn't been that long since I posted to my blog. I think it was in
October.
Of last year.
Oops...
I think that maybe it's a discipline issue more than...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment